Simple Gluten Free & Paleo Breakfast Pancake
This recipe is perfect for those that are short for time in the morning but do not want to leave home without a nutritious, high protein and satisfying breakfast.
Preparation and cooking time: Under 10 minutes
- Pancake Mix
- half a banana
- 1 egg
- 1 scoop (32g) Clean Protein Vanilla or Natural
- Coconut oil or butter for cooking
- Almond butter or nut butter for topping
- Using the back of a fork, mash the banana, egg and protein in a large bowl until smooth
- Heat up your non-stick pan on low heat with 1-2 teaspoon of coconut oil or butter. Pour the pancake batter into the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side
- Remove from pan and top with your choice of nut butter. Enjoy!
- Save the other half of the banana for your morning smoothie
- Adding a tablespoon of almond meal, desiccated coconut or coconut flour will make a slightly thicker batter. If it’s too thick then add some milk or almond milk. Experiment with what works best for you!
- Mix it up – try adding some cinnamon or vanilla into the batter
- Keep your pan heat to low/medium to avoid overheating the protein